Sunday 9 August 2015

Travel | Disney World Day 1!

Hello my lovelies

It has been a while since my last post, but I have so much to update you on! The past few weeks I have been in Florida exploring all of the theme parks and water parks they have to offer.
Being that it was my first time to Florida, I was rather excited to see all of the parks especially the Disney ones (I'm a huge Disney fan!). Today's post is all about the first day at Disney's Magic Kingdom, in hope that it may help some of you when you go to Disney.

Lets start off with the My Disney Experience app. Through this app you are able to book fast passes, check wait time for rides, find places to eat and see your location in the park. The app enables you to book these 30 days prior to your trip, however we booked our fast passes the night before our day in the Magic Kingdom. We were very lucky to get all of the fast passes we wanted and really helped us achieve all we wanted to do in the park.

Our fist day was the longest day of our holiday (we got there at 10am and didn't leave until midnight),  but I have a tip that ill mention later on to split the day up. We started off by walking down Main Street U.S.A. to the castle and I was very surprised by how empty the park was. Being a Thursday in the middle of summer I thought it would be heaving with people, however we managed to get lots of photos in front of the castle with barely anyone in them.



We then made our way to the first ride of the day, this was the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. We didn't have a fast pass for this and therefore waited in the standby queue for 65mins, but the queue itself is very interactive which is great for children (and big kids like me and my family). We then went on It's A Small World and Mad Tea Party Tea Cups. After this it was time for lunch and well earned break.
My tip here is to go out of the park and hop on a bus to the Boardwalk resort. When there you can chose from restaurants at the Boardwalk, The Beach Club and The Yacht Club. We chose the Big River Grille & Brewing Works. As a family we agreed that this was the best meal we had out of all of the parks throughout the holiday.

After lunch it was back to the park to explore some more rides and try Disney's well known ice cream. Whilst eating ice cream it decided to pour down with rain, when it reduced we made our way back over to Tomorrowland and queued up for Tomorrowland Speedway and Buzz Lightyear. Finally it was time to use our fast passes on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. I loved these rides, they were fantastic!



The last two things to do at the end of the day were to watch Wishes and the Electrical Light Parade. Both were magical to watch and bought a tear to my eye.








As a girl who grew up loving Disney this was my favourite park of the holiday and bought back many childhood memories!

Until next time!
Hannah xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© London Girl. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig